Will the sound quality of the final product is same with the demos from your Chinese voice over talents?
This is smart question! In fact,the audio demos are an accurate reflection of our studio’s sound quality. And they were recorded in our studio.
Furthermore, the audio quality of the demos may be degraded, due to compression techniques applied by the video hosting site. So the audio demos do not accurately reflect our studio’s sound quality. What does this mean? This means when we delivery the final production,it is original file with high quality.
If you want to gauge the audio quality you will receive, you can listen to a demo without music or sound effects (a “dry demo”) on our Chinese voice over talents’ page.
I want to know how my project will sound in advance! Is there a way to do this?
You can contact us first. Then you can request a free custom demo before hiring us. We will arrange at least 3 demos from 3 voice talents for you. Then you will know how you project will sound. And it will give you a chance to request changes in tone, cadence, etc.
I have video to make. When should I request to record the voice over, before or after the video?
Either way works fine for us. But please note that the voice over is usually recorded before the video. Furthermore, timing a voice over to an existing video costs an additional fee.
For an in-depth discussion of both approaches, please contact us !
What is the working process to work with SP studio?
If you’re ready to record your Chinese voice over, here’s what you need to do to get your project rolling.
Contact us via the Contact page.
1, Let me know the following details about your project:
- The project’s genre: for example: website, high-tech tutorial, medical narration, corporate video, video game, commercial, etc.
- The project’s deadline – Your deadline is important to us!
- Your contact details – Including email address and telephone number.
- The desired delivery style – for example: Formal, friendly, conversational, sensual, soft, young, mature, marketing-oriented, etc.
- The best way to let me know which style you want is to listen to our voice over demos and tell us which one represents the style you want.
- The desired pace – for example: Fast, medium, slow.
- Note that standard reading speed is around 200-300 Chinese words per minute.
- The maximum length of the audio, and whether a specific timeline is required
- This is mainly relevant if you have a video that is already ready.
- The desired file format – for example: WAV, MP3, etc.
- The desired number of audio files – you might need the script recorded as a single audio file or as multiple audio files.
2, Send us the following things via email :
- The final script -The script should be final, to avoid unnecessary recuts.
- Note that if the voice over must be prepared according to a specific timeline and/or cut into multiple files. The script should include the relevant information.
3, Any additional material
- If you have a video presentation or music prepared, please send it to us.
- If your project is a video game or animation, send us a picture of the character we are to play.
That’s it! You’re ready to go!
My project need Cantonese voice over. Can SP studio offer the service?
Yes, sure. SP studio has a group of Chinese voice over talents. Whenever you want Mandarin voice over, Cantonese voice over or WU voice over, you can find the all the VO talents in SP studio.
Will the voice over sound the way I want it to?
It is important to provide direction, before we start recording. It’s better if you can specify the tone of voice you want, what pace to use, etc.
Further, when you write the Chinese script, it is recommended to include instructions. Put words that should be emphasized in bold or italics, and if you need longer pauses write that in the script, too.
We will arrange at least 3 Chinese voice talents to record a demo for your project at the beginning. You can confirm which one do you prefer. Then we will start to record the final audio.
Also,we will prove free proof reading service for your Chinese script. If we have found some mistakes,we will check with you then.
If you made a mistake in the script, or if you later decide to change the direction, we will provide a recut at our standard per-word rates, but with a much lower minimum fee.
Can SP studio help me write my Chinese script?
We do offer English to Chinese translation service. We will also write Chinese script for you if you need. Of course,we will confirm with you after we finish the Chinese script. If you have other special request,you can contact us. We are willing to help you finish your project with ease.
I have a Mandarin voice over project. How soon will it be ready?
Turnaround time is usually 1-3 business day for projects within 2,500 Chinese words. Longer projects may or may not take longer. We will tell you how long will you project take when you confirmed the order.
Will there be a discounted rate for a big project or a good cause?
Yes. Indeed, we have done so. If you are a charity organization, and we believe in your cause, we would consider recording your project at a discounted rate. Also, if your project is big,you can contact us,we will give you a custom offer.
Why Do I Need Professional Voice Talents to Record My Project?
There are a multitude of reasons why you should hire a professional voice talent to record your company’s voice over:
• Audio quality
Professional voice talents record your project using high-quality recording equipment. And we can produce clear sound without background noise.
• Vocal skills
A professional voice talent has all of the vocal skills. These qualities include excellent enunciation, ability to read difficult words and alliterative phrases without stumbling, and knowledge of how to speak into a microphone correctly.
• Information retention
Research shows that listeners are more likely to retain what they hear, when the message is delivered by a professional voice talent.